When someone asks you for directions, are they often relieved by how clearly youve explained where to go? When youre the lead writer on a project, is the information architecture as important to you as the words themselves? Is it a good day when youve learned something new?
If you answered Yes! to the above, wed love to meet you.
On our fast-growing Content Strategy team, were seeking a Senior Content Strategy Manager to take the lead on crafting user-friendly, intuitive consumer financing experiences. Youll work closely with our teams product, marketing, and analytics teammates - as well as our external partners - to ensure that our onsite messaging is intuitive, captivating, and compliant.
A typical day for you may look like diving into competitive research. Or you might lead a usability test to determine the most effective messaging in a given touchpoint. Or maybe youll work on a style guide for legally compliant, user-friendly onsite messaging, so that we can create intuitive experiences more efficiently.
Management and coaching are important aspects of the role. You will have one direct report to start, and will have the chance to mentor other teammates within the Content Strategy team.
An ideal candidate is not only a strategic thinker, but also a sought-after collaborator, strong UX writer, and detail-oriented manager who works well in entrepreneurial environments. If youve ever been called tenacious or a go-getter or a UX evangelist, thats a plus. Were a small team in a big org, and youll be relied on to proactively and persuasively advocate for best-in-class messaging on behalf of our customers.
What youll do:
- Lead the content strategy primarily in our North American consumer financing space (with opportunities to flex into our EU financing programs, gift cards, and more)
- Execute on deliverables like competitive research, content audits, usability testing, content wireframes, and/or content guidelines
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms (app, mobile web, desktop) and onsite/offsite touchpoints
- Carry the Wayfair brand voice through multiple channels, while driving product- and user-specific tone and style standards
- Work cross-functionally with product designers (UX/UI), product managers, engineers, and marketers, working collaboratively to make the customer journey as user-friendly as possible
- Work closely with external financial services providers to share learnings and collaboratively drive cohesive messaging
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how customers interact with our product, and use quantitative and qualitative data to determine how to solve customer problems -- and make our messaging even more compelling
Desired skills & experience:
- A bachelors degree in English, journalism, library science, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 8+ years of professional content strategy or copywriting experience for consumers and consumer brands (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- Management experience with direct reports or past mentorship experiences, as well as clear readiness and desire to step into a player-coach management role
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and strategic thinking skills, as well as a deep understanding of how to identify and action on user problems
- Experience driving content strategy deliverables, such as content audits, competitive analyses, content hierarchies, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders across functions
- Excellent self-direction and proactivity: can take a large, ambiguous problem, chart a course, and execute against identified deliverables
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically: understanding how design and content strategy work together to provide customers with a consistent experience
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills; an ability to execute work within ambitious-but-reasonable timelines
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusivity and DEI, whether through mentorship, active engagement with underrepresented groups, writing for accessibility, inclusive ideation processes, etc.
- Strongly preferred: experience working with external partners or clients, and/or experience working in highly regulated industries (e.g. health care, finance, investments, education, etc.)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.