Senior Corporate Security Engineer
Wayfair is the online leader for home furnishings and decor. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more.
As a member of our Corporate Security Engineering team you will secure the processes and technology used daily by thousands of employees in our corporate offices, service centers and warehouses across the US and Europe. Users and their tools are often primary targets of malicious actors - you will be joining the front line ranks to prevent intrusions and data loss. This role will have the opportunity to work on exciting challenges and strategic initiatives that will have a direct impact on our security profile.
What Youll Do
- Be a subject matter expert for enterprise security
- Balance usability and flexibility for our users against security for the entire organization
- Harden endpoints and networks while improving employee productivity
- Review and improve the security architecture of on premise and cloud infrastructure; harden SaaS tools used by the enterprise such as, GSuite and SSO Providers
- Support our Zero Trust and Passwordless initiatives
Who You Are
- Willingness to tackle tough problems
- Proficient communication and organizational capabilities - especially the ability to communicate complex security risks or technical findings to business stakeholders
- Enthusiasm and passion for security and technology
- A self-starter who is eager to expand his/her skills and knowledge
- A tendency and ability to automate repetitive or time intensive tasks
What Youll Need
- 5+ years of experience in a security or information technology related field
- Experience in hardening Active Directory, Windows workstations and servers, as well as OS X endpoints
- Strong knowledge of foundational network security concepts such as firewalls and VLANs
- Experience providing architectural guidance and security best practices to peer IT teams
- A deep understanding of the Zero Trust security model
- Hands-on experience securing cloud platforms such as Azure or GCP
- Experience with authentication and authorization technologies such as SSO Providers, SAML, OAuth2.0, or OPA
- Hands-on experience with one or more scripting languages including Python or PowerShell
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.