The Wayfair Creative team is an in-house agency composed of a multi-talented group of innovative thinkers across many disciplines, partnering closely with strategic leaders to catapult Wayfair into the leading destination for all things home by developing engaging consumer campaigns, next-in-class consumer experiences, and scalable, but distinct brand systems.
What Youll Do
Were looking for a well-rounded creative leader to help drive our creative direction of our digital marketing program. Youll work hand-in-hand with creative directors, designers, copywriters, Imagery Art Directors and marketing leaders to help reshape this program under our new brand guidelines. Youll lead and inspire a small team of designers and writers tasked with creating digital marketing experiences that engage consumers. To be successful in this role, you must be resourceful and inventive, eager to push the envelope, and thrive on collaboration with other creatives and non-creatives alike.
- Develop multiple, differentiated creative concepts and solutions; Able to speak to the merits of each as it pertains to the brief and brand positioning
- Knows how to think beyond the brieflooking for additional opportunities to drive performance, consumer engagement, channel strategy, and long-term brand affinity
- Keeps a high quality bar and self-prioritizes their work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growing environment. Strong ability to adapt to new information, establish a creative vision, and proactively identify go-forward plans that meet business objectives.
- Manages a team of 5-7 creatives (designers and writers). Setting a clear vision for the team and driving individual development and growth.
- Adhere to creative guidelines and apply marketing channel best practices to ensure brand readiness and success in performance marketing. Work with our Brand Identity team to develop new standards within our guidelines to best present the brand in their ongoing efforts.
- Ability to consult with partners on overall channel strategy to help drive business results.
What Youll Need:
- 8+ years of relevant experience, with expertise in design, art direction, and strategy.
- Experience art directing cross-disciplinary creative (design and copy).
- Expert understanding of creative concepting, typography & color usage, layout, brand identity, brand voice, and messaging hierarchy.
- Advanced usage of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Google Suite, and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Sketch is a big plus.
- Knowledge of the ever-evolving industry landscape, trends, and competitors.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to tailor communication style based on audience and make clear connections between the creative work and business need for their audience. Able to recognize visual and verbal cues, read in between the lines, and ask clarifying questions to understand the intent behind the feedback.
- Able to quickly establish credibility upwards and cross-functionally to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- Expert at prioritization, you can evaluate needs of multiple stakeholders and make decisions as to which research initiatives are (and are not) critical to the business.
- Passionate collaborator and leader; Demonstrates a culture of inclusivity, keeping a tight working relationship with their fellow creatives and internal partners. Understands that we have common goals and recognizes that great ideas come from all.
- Capacity to multitask and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Proactive, forward thinking and ability to synthesize disparate information effectively and quickly into clear recommendations, actions, and decisions.
- Strong background in data-driven decision making, coupled with having an appreciation for brand and consumer experience.
- Experience with art direction for brand imagery and articulating their visual imagery needs with our internal Imagery Art Directors.
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.