Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity:
As a rapidly growing company, were actively scaling our Data Team to ensure every area of our business has reliable data to fuel insights and innovation, which will be crucial to our business future success. Were currently looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Data Analyst to join our central Data Team and contribute to this mission alongside a collaborative team.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be embedded within a Product team and serve as a strategic partner to Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers by formulating problem statements and crafting data-driven solutions. You will drive all product analytics within your aligned domain by querying and manipulating data, extracting insights, defining metrics, and analyzing and experimenting on product features. The objective is to provide data-backed insights and thought leadership to contribute to our long-term strategy and roadmap, and help solidify our status as a data-driven organization. Our Engineering team is headquartered in NYC - this role will be NYC-based as well. All employees must be US-based.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with Product and Engineering to understand business requirements and translate them into a forward looking-plan of action
- Serving as a strategic partner to Product by using data to surface insights, create metrics, and communicate a point of view
- Writing advanced SQL queries to pull and manipulate data
- Crafting dashboards and automated reported related to key performance metrics
- Conducting and analyzing pilots and experiments using statistical methods to define addressable markets and growth opportunities
- 4+ years experiences of a data reporting and analysis at a product-driven company
- Highly skilled at writing SQL
- Comfortable using frameworks and structured thinking to approach problems and define solutions in a creative way
- Experience with Excel and some data visualization tools (i.e. Looker, Tableau, or similar)
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to share both technical and business concepts to audiences of all levels
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering),
- Preferred but not required
- Bonus: Working knowledge of Python
- Bonus: data pipeline tools (i.e Airflow or similar)
- Bonus: Experience working within the Mortgage, Real Estate, or Fintech space
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.