Chewy is seeking a Senior Data Analyst on the Merchandising Systems and Services team (MSS). The Merchandising Systems and Services Team (MSS) team is responsible for creating the systems, services, and process infrastructure for all Chewy businesses. Our teams mission is to be the backbone for Chewys Business/Category teams, helping win long-term customer trust, business growth, and profitability. We own the Pricing, Catalog/Content, and Vendor Systems & Services that have automation, product, program, and operational components.
The ideal candidate will provide a strong mix of information systems and merchandising business process knowledge including data analysis, scenario modelling, SQL, functional knowledge of catalog and/or ERP systems, and technical knowledge of underlying system data structures and processes. This skill set will be applied to item-level data across the Chewy catalog ensuring accuracy and completeness ultimately influencing the customer experience.
What Youll Do:
- Learn business processes and translate them to business requirements, user stories and system design to understand all facets related to development requests
- Autonomously complete tasks within the track owned for a given system
- Identify risks, issues or potential defects in any phase of the project life cycle and managing them through closure
- Provides project stakeholders information relevant to make/influence decisions that may improve quality of applications
- Synthesize large quantities of complex data into usable/actionable information
- Participate in system implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution)
- Provide support to end users as priority when it impacts business or provide a Standard Operating Procedure manual for systems
What Youll Need:
- Highly proficient in SQL and Tableau
- Relevant work experience using Python or R for data analytics
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, and entire suite of Office products
- 3+ years of experience in a business analyst role as a subject-matter expert
- BA in Computer Science or other engineering fields, Economics/Finance (preferably in General Management/Finance/Computer Science/Tech Management/Engineering)
- Background in creating, managing to and improving metrics (KPI) using quantitative analysis
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms and an ability to effectively communicate with technical teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a driving passion to change, challenge, and improve current processes
- Position may require occasional travel
- Prior experience in Software Quality Processes and Atlassian Tools such as (Confluence, JIRA, etc.)
- Prior experience with ERP systems
- E-commerce background is a plus
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].