At ZoomInfo we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our Engineering Data Department. The ideal candidate will have prior experience ingesting, cleansing, enriching, and presenting large data sets in support of our flagship SaaS application. Expertise using Scala/Java, Spark, SQL, Apache Airflow and Hadoop are essential for success in this position. Have we just described YOU??
Although we are not currently in the office we cannot wait to get back! Applicants should be in a commutable distance or willing to relocate to a commutable location in anticipation of our re-opening.
The responsibilities of this opportunity include:
- Develop Data Pipelines using Scala/Java and Spark EMR to move data into our consolidated data lake or data warehouse (Snowflake)
- Consolidate/join datasets to create easily consumable, performant, and consistent information
- Look for ways to improve processes and take initiative to implement them
- Evaluate new technology and advise on our data lake ecosystem
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement impactful solutions to department and business problems
- Supports end users and lead junior teammates on code-related questions and issues.
- Creates and maintains documentation for business end users and other data analysts.
- Determine where in our infrastructure we should house our data based on the use case and data model
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to design scalable implementations of their models
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, or related field required, Master preferred
- 8+ yrs of experience in data engineering, or an equivalent discipline or 6+ yrs with Masters degree required
- Expert and Hands-On development in distributed computing environment using Hadoop, Scala/Java, Spark and Apache Airflow
- Advanced SQL knowledge and understanding
- Experience architecting solutions in collaboration with development and data science teams
- Experience working with third party APIs for data collection
- Expertise and Hand-On working knowledge of AWS
- Experience with Git/Github or other version control systems
- Familiarity with Snowflake or DataBricks a plus
- Experience working with, working on and promoting a diverse team environment
For over a decade, ZoomInfo has helped companies achieve their most important objective: profitable growth. Backed by the world's most comprehensive B2B database, our platform puts sales and marketing professionals in position to identify, connect, and engage with qualified prospects.
Our mission is to provide every company with a 360-degree view of their ideal customer, empowering each phase of their go-to-market strategy and driving their ability to hit their number.