Wayfair Data Science powers automation & decision support across all Wayfair business units. Our algorithms tackle a varied & broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to our catalog, to enabling our customers to discover and purchase a vast & diverse assortment of home goods and support customer pre and post order journeys.
Sales & Customer Service are competitive differentiators for Wayfair. The B2B | Sales | Service Data Science team builds Machine Learning (ML) products to ensure a seamless pre-order and post-order customer journey for consumers and business customers. We derive insights from a wide array of data sources ranging from clickstream to customer texts and call transcripts, build predictive models to make data-driven decisions at scale across multiple customer touchpoints (phone, email, chat, SMS), and design optimization tools that help improve customer lifetime value and profitability. Our products directly impact the millions of customers that interact with us every month and the thousands of agents that help serve that experience.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the contact routing workstream for Sales and Service. In addition to building ML-powered real-time decisioning engine for resource assignment against contact demand in real-time, this workstream will also inform strategies for understanding customer channel preferences, enhance agent experience/productivity to ultimately create a more frictionless shopping experience for our customers
What Youll Do:
- As the owner of your product(s), youll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. If youre doing it right, youre also having a ton of fun and learning every day
- Operate at the nexus of a highly cross-functional environment with data scientists, engineers, designers, and engineers to develop robust and scalable ML solutions
- Develop product vision through detailed product discovery of the core business/customer problems to solve, tech/operational environment, and assessment of risk
- Create buy-in for ML product vision and strategy internally and with key external stakeholders
- Drive the development of Machine Learning products that power customer and agent experiences. This includes developing new products/platforms, key product features, and integrating ML products into existing Sales and Service products/platforms
- Develop detailed Machine Learning product roadmap and synchronize delivery with partner product/engineering teams
- Identify key customer/user requirements and translate them into stories to facilitate ML solution development
- Measure the impact of your initiatives and report performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
What Youll Need:
- 5 years of Product Development experience, preferably with ML products
- Experience with ML and Big-data technologies
- Experienced in shipping software products in an agile development environment, running sprints with engineers and data scientists
- Broad exposure to machine-learning model lifecycle: data acquisition, model training/evaluation, model serving, and A|B testing
- Can effectively communicate with a diverse set of stakeholder to set and adjust expectations
- Proven ability to take a highly complex or ambiguous business problem, successfully lead strategic vision setting, and identify and prioritize near-term actions
- Excellent analytical skills with solid SQL/ data wrangling skills, ability to create data stories and reports, and experience calling APIs using Python or other languages
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.