Wayfair is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. Wayfairs community of Data Scientists use data and technology to ensure our customers can build a home that they love. Our platforms support millions of people searching every day for the perfect item, and our Marketing Data Science team drives development of world-class Machine Learning systems that improve our customer understanding and drive marketing decisions, ultimately enhancing customers shopping experience. Come help us innovate and grow to our next $10B in revenue!
Were looking for an experienced Machine Learning Leader to drive the vision for a new area of model development in the Marketing space, operationalizing and scaling Machine Learning models and/or Reinforcement Learning systems to drive marketing decisions. Were looking for someone who not only enjoys writing code and seeing their ideas come to fruition on a global scale, but is also able to coach and upskill the data scientists, engineers, and marketers around them through leading by example.
About the team: The Kairos Data Science Marketing team is a team of scientists, engineers, and a product manager responsible for building a highly scalable ML-based customer understanding platform. We process petabytes of data and 20k+ customer features to train machine learning models and optimization algorithms that help us predict, as accurately and as early as possible, what the customer needs, what makes them unique, where they are in the consideration cycle, and more. Our ML products are leveraged across the enterprise to drive many downstream content, targeting, bidding, and other decisions across many channels and placements. We have a global scope and power decisions across all Wayfair markets (US, Canada, EU) and stores (Wayfair, AllModern, Joss & Main, Perigold, and Birchlane).
About the role: We are looking for a technical lead to join Wayfairs Kairos Data Science team, to own the Share of Voice (SOV) Decision Optimization model suite. Youll develop and maintain optimization models for product and content recommendations by optimizing both for which products are relevant to a customer as well as which products Wayfair wants to promote. Growing our new-and-emerging categories of products is a major investment by Wayfair, so you will also have the opportunity to interact with a variety of business stakeholders in order to define the scope of the SOV models and their respective experiments.
What youll do
- Drive the vision for a new area of data science work with an ambitious charter
- Architect and develop end-to-end Machine Learning models/Reinforcement learning systems and platforms, working collaboratively with your team and cross-functional partners to build scalable solutions
- Partner with marketers to understand pain points and translate them into clear and robust data science solutions
- Build and own execution of a technical roadmap, ensuring that the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Help grow the team through mentorship and developing learning opportunities
- Promote a culture of data science excellence and strengthen the technical expertise of our data science, engineering, and marketing teams
What youll need
- 4+ years of experience working as a professional data scientist or ML engineer, including autonomously designing and building production models at scale
- 1+ years of experience mentoring and developing a DS/ML team
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying ML models, data pipelines, and running experiments to validate your models
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence technical decisions to line up with the companys strategy
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Airflow, and containerization (Docker)
- Experience using Contextual Multi-armed Bandits, or Reinforcement Learning in an applied setting
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in a quantitative field
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.