The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are looking for innovative data scientists who can help direct product development & identify new opportunities to delight our customers. They will be responsible for defining experiments to run & questions to answer, architecting the data stack (tools & processes), working with the broader product team to instrument the product in a pragmatic manner and reporting to all levels of the organisation on insights gained.
- Work with leadership to identify challenges & open questions that can be answered with data we collect or could collect
- Work with development team to add further instrumentation to the product
- Work independently & be able to manage data pipelines from development to production
- Be innovative and pragmatic - dont require a Hadoop cluster when a Google Sheet will suffice
- Communicate findings to all levels of the org, and be able to know the audience when presenting to different roles
- 7+ years of experience in data science or other data intensive roles
- Experience working in a data-led product team, and defining experiments to drive product improvement
- Able to write SQL to answer questions
- Build data pipelines of different maturity (from idea on laptop to production), engaging with broader team as needed
- Able to refine & clean data, and know the impact of that process on the results it yields
- Good presentation skills, including visualization & reporting
- Familiarity with Postgres
- Helped to establish data science practices for experience in Cloud/SaaS and/or database products
- Working knowledge of Python for data analysis
- Understanding of Apache Superset
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.