Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Crossix Analytics is a business within Veeva dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics, innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, Veeva Crossix provides most life sciences companies with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes.
Veeva is seeking an intellectually curious, resourceful, and collaborative Data Scientist to join Veevas Advanced Analytics team. At Advanced Analytics we build the technology and data science products that power Veevas targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and help us solve some of the most challenging problems in healthcare data and analytics.
What Youll Do
- Apply Machine Learning and Statistics techniques to large health data sets to build new products and methodologies
- Collaborate closely with a team of Data Scientists, Product, and Engineers to improve and implement methods and features
- Rapidly build prototype product solutions, communicate findings, iterate
- Use technologies like AWS, Spark, Python, R, SQL, and Git in addition to proprietary data mining software on a daily basis
What You've Done
- Degree in a relevant technical field (Machine Learning, Computer Science, Operations Research, etc)
- 5+ Years of hands-on data science experience
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL
- Experience with source control workflows like GitHub
- Experience working with Big Data Technologies like Spark and AWS
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree (MSc, PhD preferred) in a relevant technical field (machine learning, computer science, operations research, etc)
- Practical experience applying Causal Inferences methodologies
- Experience with R preferred
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].