Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size from entrepreneurs to iconic brands deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. We thrive on solving challenging problems and our mission is to empower creators to own their destiny.
Were looking for a Senior Researcher to work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization. You are an experienced researcher with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods. You love experimenting with research and can always find an optimal method for the job and constraints at hand. When the right method doesn't exist, you invent it. You know when to engage with teams in Design, Product, Engineering, Data Science and which questions to ask, where to probe, and how to land insights across a business. You believe that customer research is everyone's business and democratize it whenever you can. You know that true insights cannot be "delivered", but must be "developed". Youre passionate about products and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of people.
How Youll Make a Difference
- Create the conditions for product success, by providing strategic research that the team needs at all stages of the product lifecycle, and developing into a growing knowledge center that ensures human empathy and informs product decisions.
- As a senior researcher, take ownership of several research methods in educating the organization and other team members.
- Partner with customer success and product leadership to translate insights into actions.
- Through mixed research methods, develop insights that guide our product strategy across teams in Product, Design, Engineering and Data Science. You will design, plan and conduct human-centered research, employing methods such as: remote usability, competitive evaluations, usability studies, surveys, diary studies, and other relevant approaches. Synthesize research findings from other data sources (including market research, site analytics and secondary research).
- Build collaborative relationships with a wide array of cross-functional partners to define, answer and measure strategic research questions, with the aim of guiding product decisions towards success.
- Inform multiple product road maps through your research insights.
- Evangelize research through partnerships, lunch and learns, and at least quarterly top findings synthesis.
- Create, maintain and scale a growing knowledge base.
- Provide insight and vision to the team based on understanding user needs and behaviors. Synthesize and communicate research findings into meaningful recommendations and actionable results in order to inform business decisions. Lead stakeholders in translation of research findings into actionable results.
- Actively review and coach designers and product managers in improving research rigor and quality.
- Select and standardize a common set of go-to Research methods that are the best match for our product, process, culture, and resources. Develop templates for research plans, discussion guides, synthesis and knowledge sharing mechanisms that can be used as starting points by the Product and Design teams.
- Build empathy for our customers and users across the organization.
Who You Are
- 5+ years directly designing and executing mixed method research projects that influence business decisions.
- Knowledge of research methods and tools for conducting research across devices, with various customer segments and markets (including international).
- Experience developing or combining research methods to achieve more actionable insights.
- Expertise in user-centered design principles, UX standards and fundamental user behaviors.
- Provide thought leadership within the organization to help us stay true to our value of putting the customer first.
- Ability to develop creative approaches to researching complex user experience problems and convey ideas in a tangible form.
- You believe that "fun" and "engaging" are as important to research as "robust" and "insightful". You bring joy to research, while ensuring data integrity and validity.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships remotely and cross-functionally to influence strategy and decisions.
- An entrepreneurial, forward thinking mindset and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong business acumen; an understanding of business goals, strategies and pressures while being aware of industry trends and competitive actions as a context for doing research.
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details.
- Bachelor or Master degree in HCI, Design, Sociology, Anthropology, Cognitive Psychology or a related field
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.