At PathAI, we're applying machine learning to pathology in amazing ways - whether it is for drug development, clinical contexts, or as a global health initiative. For us, these are early days we have some unique and important design challenges to solve, and recognize that design and UX will ultimately be critical to everything we're doing.
We're looking for an experienced design researcher to join our team and help solve some of these challenges. If you're right for PathAI, you'll be able to:
- Work cross-functionally to help plan our research roadmap, recruit target participants, facilitate qualitative research samples, and synthesize key insights to inform and inspire design strategy and product development
- Contribute to and help shape our qualitative centralized design research database to meet the both the needs of our team and the organization
- Contribute to quantitative data analytics management and insight gathering, and collaborate with engineering to insure analytics events are updated when new features are added
- Translate user research findings into strategic and tactical recommendations or visual diagrams while collaborating with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with regulatory affairs, product, engineering, and designers to insure human factors analyses and testing are conducted throughout design and development
- Design and deliver research reports and readouts for a wide variety of internal stakeholders
- Lend support to other researchers and designers in ongoing research, and advocate for good methodologies and processes along the way
- Understand the technologyand at least a slice of the scientific researchthat brings it all together
Great design researchers come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You've been around the block more than a couple times, typically via four or more years of work as a design researcher.
- A bachelors degree, preferably in a relevant field like HCI, human factors, statistics, design, or social sciences like sociology and psychology.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
We'll offer you a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak design-thinking shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid time off per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Free snacks and drinks in the office which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, cold-brew coffee, and green tea on tap.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualificationsthat's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.