Wayfair is home to one of the retail industrys largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world-class team, comprised of many disciplines designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers, and more. Our work fuels all forms of on-site and off-site marketing and communication with our consumers, from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail, and more.
The extended Wayfair family includes three Specialty Retail Brands, each with its own distinct positioning and product assortment. We are: AllModern, Birch Lane, and Joss & Main. Were on the lookout for an ambitious Senior Designer for Birch Lane, the classic and timeless brand.
This seasoned designer is a visionary who can execute and drive high-profile creative strategy. Youll execute design across all marketing channels. The role requires someone who can partner with both creative and non-creative business partners, and can be a trusted mentor to junior team members.
What Youll Do:
- Develop and maintain the brands design standards to drive brand consistency and evolution.
- Manage and mentor junior team members
- Review and thoughtfully critique the teams work, providing actionable feedback and direction for junior team members to explore.
- Manage aggressive deadlines along with your project manager.
- Maintain seamless communication with partners on other teams, effectively translating creative strategy when required.
- Analyze performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights!) from a creative point of view, and use that information to guide creative decisions.
- Provide innovative creative solutions that both elevate the brand and engage customers.
- Think critically to drive efficiency, strategically planning work that can be used across multiple channels and media.
What Youll Need:
- 6+ years relevant experience, preferably for an e-commerce brand.
- Digital design experience inclusive of website, email and social media design
- Experience with motion design and video.
- Familiarity (or deep obsession) with home furnishings, and interior design or fashion.
- Strong organizational powers and time management.
- Experience with Sketch a big plus
- Editorial experience a plus
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required. We would love to see:
- Brand/campaign examples youre most proud of.
- Insight-driven conceptual work.
- Projects for unexpected channels (ambient, experiential, out-of-the-home all great!).
- Successful creative that influenced a positive change in customer behavior.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.