Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the worlds most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
Weve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. Thats why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push whats possible to get us there. And if you fail, its coolwe know youll grow spectacularly. What matters is that youre helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
As a Senior Economist on the Pricing & Promotions team, you will own a causal modeling framework to estimate contextual price elasticities and promotional lifts over Thrasios extensive portfolio of omnichannel products to drive optimal pricing & promotions decisions, which is fundamental to Thrasios long-term success.
- Leveraging state of the art causal inference methodology to measure price elasticity and promotional lifts with observational and experimental data
- Designing experiments to improve measurement and validate strategies
- Developing integrated solutions across pricing, promotions, marketing, forecasting, and supply chain
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners to build the best pricing solutions
- Driving strategic initiatives across the broader org as a leader at Thrasio
- Owning team development cycles, managing risk, and bringing stakeholders along for the ride
- Masters or Ph.D. in Economics or a related field such as Quantitative Marketing or Finance
- 2+ years of practical experience working with panel data (ideally in e-commerce)
- Expertise in econometrics, causal inference, and experiment design
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, Git
- Passion for driving outsized business impact through applied science
Nice to have:
- Expertise in Structural Modeling, Operations Research, Machine Learning
- Familiarity with Git, Databricks, Snowflake, Spark
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.