The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the citys goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of system architecture and specifications to implement the detailed electrical design of the AV system into a vehicle platform.
- Experience independently reviewing and authoring detailed design specifications
- Familiarity with automotive design, qualification, validation, and reliability requirements.
- Comfortable working with hybrid and Electric Vehicle architectures a plus
- Proficient in all stages of hardware design, including detailed schematic review, PCB design, layout review, and layer stack management
- Familiarity with automotive design, qualification, validation, and reliability requirements is desired.
- Work within an interdisciplinary team to troubleshoot, test, and fix electrical and system issues in prototype vehicles and test fixtures.
- Support product design reviews
- Review internal and external requirements and specification documentation
- Perform worst case analysis and simulation to ensure compliance to system requirements
- Generate system diagrams, electrical schematics, wiring harness diagrams, and assist with assembly and build documentation.
- Create detailed component and system qualification and validation test plans and perform / oversee testing
- Support EMC certification testing
- Develop and maintain electrical DFMEA
- Utilize structured problem-solving techniques for test failure resolution
- Ability to provide hands-on debugging as needed during testing and evaluation
- Familiar with wire harness design process and software tools to help EE team des
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and assembly drawings
- Lab equipment experience with power supplies, oscilloscopes function generators and multimeters
- Possess a strong work ethic to support the production team efforts and timing
- Ability to multitask across various project activities and work with a global team
- Experience with other vehicle communication networks (CAN, CAN-FD, Automotive Ethernet, LIN)
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills