Who We Are
Wayfairs Global Employment Practices Team is looking for a Senior Employment Lawyer to join the team to help support and lead the Companys efforts in the areas compliance, training, reporting, and auditing in the Talent and Employment Law spaces. You will play an instrumental role in building the employment compliance function and managing risk for the company. If you thrive in a role where you perform best in bringing ideas to life while at the same time bringing structure to ambiguity, this is the team for you.
Additionally, our team members are highly collaborative thought partners to our stakeholders, using both quantitative and qualitative data to drive business goals through our work. You will report directly to the Director, Global Employment Practices. This role is based in Wayfairs Boston HQ.
What You'll Do
As an influential and integral member of Wayfairs Global Employment Practices Team, you will be tasked with primary ownership of the companys efforts in the following areas:
- Lead team in closely monitoring and tracking relevant federal, state, and local employment / labor laws across the United States;
- Provide written updates / guidance / support on changes to such federal, state, and local employment / labor laws to impacted internal stakeholders and partners;
- Annual audit of employee handbook (and all addendums);
- Annual review and update to annual employee trainings (e.g., Harassment Policy);
- Review and update procedures for maintaining employee records and files as required by law;
- Deliver compliance training to internal stakeholders and partners on full range of employment / labor law topics;
- Work with partners to ensure all required compliance reports are completed timely, and that all records are appropriately maintained;
- Review and respond to regulatory requests; and
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance across Talent.
What You'll Need
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar;
- At least 5+ years of experience practicing employment law and/or working in an HR risk and compliance role.
- Experience advising internal partners and/or clients on employment law and HR compliance-related matters;
- Experience independently managing a HR compliance audits;
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail;
- Comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Ability to act with a high degree of integrity, professionalism and maintain confidentiality;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and take ownership of projects; and
- Ability to build productive relationships and partner with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working in an in-house employment law and/or HR compliance role;
- Massachusetts and/or California bar membership;
- Significant U.S. employment law experience; and
- Experience working in the technology, retail, and/or e-commerce industries.
As part of our commitment to a barrier-free recruiting process, once you are contacted by a member of our Talent Acquisition team for a position you've applied for, please feel empowered to let them know if you require assistance or accommodation due to a medical condition and/or disability.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.