Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
As a Senior Engineer on the Application Platform team, the software you write will power applications for over a million users around the globe. You will define the next generation of cloud services, making developers' lives (both inside DO and in the 'wild') easier by building new services that improve our efficiency and also provide important new features for our customers. If your passion is building products customers rely on every day, this is the right job for you. This role can be worked remotely within the United States or Canada or from our offices in New York City and Cambridge, MA.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Contributing to the development of new architecture and major functional upgrades for our Application Platform offering.
- Work with our product teams to build the next generation of products and services for our developers community.
- Drive architecture for complex systems by determining current limitations and working with the team to come up with solutions.
- Contribute operational reliability as a member of the product on-call rotation.
- Technologies we use: Kubernetes, Go, gRPC, MySQL, Istio, Prometheus, Cloud Native Buildpacks.
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer building software used by 1000s of users.
- Proficiency in software development methodologies.
- Experience or interest in learning Golang to build APIs (gRPC).
- Operational knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus, or passion to learn Kubernetes operations.
- Experience in Software Defined Networks (SDNs) is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to navigate the complexity of distributed systems to operate them in production.
- Contribution to the reliability and performance of App Platform systems.
- Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation
- A commitment to monitoring and observability.
- Systems thinking.
- Strong opinions, weakly held.
- Bonus: Experience operating Kubernetes in production at large scales.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!