Who We Are:
The Physical Retail Engineering team at Wayfair is laying the foundation for Wayfair's entry into physical retail. We plan on complementing our already fantastic digital customer experience with a network of physical stores that give our customers an entirely new way to shop, and we are assembling the team now to make that happen.
You will be part of our engineering team that builds our global tech platform for physical retail. You and your team will partner with our supply chain and product teams to make this vision a reality, preparing Wayfair to continue its global growth plans across multiple channels, and delivering great customer and associate experiences.
Also, as an early joiner on our team, you will have an enormous impact on the trajectory of our technology and business capabilities. Join us as a founding member of the team and help us launch this exciting new capability for Wayfair!
Youll make an impact if you:
- have a deep interest and passion for technology
- are a fast learner and have desire to grow
- encourage others to grow and be curious
- are self-driven and motivated to work in a results-driven agile environment
- enjoy taking ownership and delivering on commitment
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What Youll Do
- As a Senior Engineer, youll be responsible for leading technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within highly ambiguous problem spaces.
- Propose and own initiatives from start to finish while balancing various technical tradeoffs including speed to delivery, maintainability, system performance and others.
- Provide high quality code reviews, scalable architectural designs, and hands-on technical contribution.
- Mentor new hires and other engineers to help them become more proficient by example, tech talks, paired programming, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization.
What Youll Need
- Passion for leading large scale, cross-cutting technical initiatives while becoming a trusted expert in your space
- Deep expertise in gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements in highly ambiguity situations
- An eagerness to collaborate and work with other teams to achieve the best outcome for the customer
- Ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Proficient in designing systems at scale, managing relational databases and developing integrations for both internal and external partners
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
- Experience mentoring engineers and leading code reviews
- 5+ Years of experience as a team/technical lead with 8+ years in web and distributed system development
- 2+ Years of experience working in decoupled systems using Docker and Kubernetes
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.