At Mimecast, we operate a Cloud-based, highly available, high volume, scalable Cyber Reliance platform.
The Security Awareness Training Team works closely with Product, Delivery Managers, UX designers and other parts of the business to create a modern set of Web Applications that enable our customer to reduce the risk of human error with security awareness training done right.
Mimecast strives to be the place where you can do your best work, best teamwork and greatest learning. Mimecasters are a diverse, inclusive and talented group of people worldwide, proud of our culture and values.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join the Mimecast Security Awareness Training team; As an Engineering Manager you’ll be leading a team of Engineers and taking on both the leadership responsibilities for the team as well as line management responsibilities.
The role is predominantly a hands-off role.
Read more about Security Awareness Training here: https://www.mimecast.com/products/awareness-training/
- Work with a talented group of Managers, Engineers, DMs, Product Owners and UX designers to deliver (via Agile) outstanding web applications that delight our customers.
- To be able to speak in technical terms to the architecture, services and domains owned within the team and when representing outside of the team.
- Support Engineers in building Enterprise-grade software that is well designed and created with a high level of technical excellence.
- Support Engineers during their career, helping them visualising their path and together develop a strategy to reach their career goals.
- Lead by example, giving context and clarity to enable people to do their best work.
- Enhance and define processes that successfully enable efficiency within teams.
- Work via feedback loops to grow individuals and create skills gap plans.
- Enable the group to follow procedures and contribute to the definition of them.
- Lead, participate in and contribute to engineering team initiatives.
- Active listening to individuals and interact with a significant level of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Being able to operate in a fully or partial remote working environment (E.g. Covid-19 world).
- Have experience scaling teams, leading, developing and mentoring engineers and managers of Engineers.
- Have expertise in hiring great talents to your teams and coaching them to their full potential.
- Enhance processes and technologies based on data.
- Are passionate and excited about creating world-class web applications.
- Have a broad knowledge of web platforms as a whole, from browser to infrastructure.
- Value simplicity and technical excellence.
- Have experience in tracking improving the agility of the Engineering teams you work with.
- Have experience in coding with at the least one of the major coding languages.
Benefits and Rewards:
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package, please speak with the Talent Acquisition Team at Mimecast to learn more about our rewards and benefits.
Check us out here too…
Mimecast Engineering blog: https://medium.com/mimecast-engineering
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimecast
LinkedIn Life page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/mimecast/life?trk=nav_type_life
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000 or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.