Who We Are
As the Engineering team that supports Wayfair Global Talent we are responsible for developing an ecosystem of technologies and processes that helps find, hire, and inspire the most diverse and talented individuals as a differentiator for our business. We create fluid and holistic end-to-end experiences for every Wayfarian to be productive in their role, bring their true and best self to work, and develop confidently towards their future. Our tools are used by 20K+ Wayfair employees which not only enables them to be their best, but as an engineering team it gives us the opportunity to receive instant, direct feedback combined with a high volume of usage data.
Were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development. We work with partners across the Talent organization and throughout the company to deliver world-class talent acquisition, employee engagement, and employee support solutions that will evolve as Wayfair continues to grow.
What Youll Do
- Lead, develop mentor, and grow a high-functioning, diverse engineering team of 20 across all levels of seniority
- Develop and implement a multi-year plan defining the future state of the Talent Technology landscape and its capabilities to support Wayfairs breakthrough growth
- Build an inclusive and collaborative team environment where everybody can contribute and fully participate.
- Partner with executive and engineering leadership to define and implement the vision and strategy around our Talent ecosystem
- Guide team strategy, roadmap definition, negotiation and prioritization, resource allocation, and team building.
- Contribute to the identification and gathering of metrics to measure the utilization, performance, and usage compliance of numerous applications.
- Form relationships and collaborate with numerous engineering, product, and design organizations to identify opportunity areas and help deliver on cross-functional goals.
- Identify key skills and capabilities needed across the org and pilot next steps in scaling.
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to other teams within specifically around building and optimization, process definition, and execution
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities, and scope of business objectives and develop near term goals and strategic vision
- Execute on new ideas that have an outsized, significant, and lasting impact
What Youll Need
- Broad senior-level experience in engineering leadership, with a preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Track record of building engineering teams that can innovate rapidly and scale with the business
- Demonstrable experience of technical and coding contributions in cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform is a bonus)
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and desire to build in rapidly changing environments
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Great communication skills with demonstrated experience navigating a complex organization and generating buy-in for plans, and adoption of products and services
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies and how to apply them at scale
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.