Storefront Engineering is in the enviable position of being able to speak directly to our customers. Through powerful technology, we make shopping our millions of products feel simple and personal, whether customers are just browsing while on-the-go on our native app or finalizing purchase decisions on the desktop from the comfort of their home.
As Wayfair continues to see massive growth, Storefront Engineering is going through a major technology transition, empowering teams to build services and interfaces that can be updated and deployed independently. We are on the journey to build the tools and services to deliver value to our customers more quickly, all in an environment where engineering teams have the autonomy to make the right decision for themselves and their product.
Who We Are:
The Loyalty and Financing engineering, product, analytics and marketing teams collaborate to provide a broad suite of financing products, seamlessly integrating them onsite. Our vision is to ensure every customer has an affordable, rewarding and stress-free way to purchase the products they want. We are focused on driving loyalty through memberships programs, our private label credit card and our portfolio of Buy Now Pay Later products that is tailored to the US markets, International and B2B customers. The gift card business includes Wayfair Gift Cards onsite, offsite through digital channels and in brick and mortar stores. Each of these programs are profitable on their own, in addition to driving up the conversion rate and customer repeat purchasing behavior.
What You'll Do:
- Partner directly with your product and marketing counterparts to define the strategy of your product suite and build the roadmap for your team
- Identify and deliver solutions to push the boundaries of the tech stack to handle scalability, performance, stability and quality goals
- Ability to participate in vendor negotiations, understand and advocate for good engineering practices during lender integrations
- Lead two agile engineering team ranging from 5-10 direct reports
- Build high performing engineering teams to drive cross-functional results
What You'll Need:
- A track record as a charismatic leader who has a combination of business acumen and technical skills
- Prior experience running a team of up to 15 engineers
- Tech acumen and ability to get hands on with the code whenever need be
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on experience designing, building and maintaining systems at scale
- Experience working with Java (or similar language). Frontend skills are a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.