Who We Are:
The Search team develops and maintains the search platform at Mimecast. Our mission is to provide fast and accurate search results to give our customers a great user experience. The Mimecast search platform has over 400 billion messages under management and serves millions of queries every day. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to lead squads of engineers who are building, enhancing, and maintaining our indexing and search infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience leading technical teams working with information retrieval systems using industry best practices.
What we would like from you:
- Be an effective leader of multiple scrum teams setting them up for success through mentoring and coaching.
- Empower team members to demonstrate a strong sense of ownership. Use guiding principles to keep the teams on track.
- Experience in hiring, forming and scaling teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You are able to work cross functionally with stakeholders from engineering and product at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver complex projects with predictability. Plan and negotiate with peers to meet deadlines.
- Proven experience managing teams that develop information retrieval systems using on prem and/or cloud technologies.
- Perform role whilst working toward the goals and objectives of the business.
- Provide hands-on problem solving with a willingness to do whatever it takes to complete an objective.
- Encourage others to perform at their best embracing best practices.
- Ensure that individuals on your teams are given the support they need to grow and advance in their careers.
- Experience leading more than one team simultaneously.
- Experience line managing managers and senior technical people.
- Proven track record delivering multiple complex projects.
- Hands on experience working with indexing/search technologies at scale
- Experience working with Scrum or other agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills.
As the ideal candidate, you would have knowledge in most of the following:
- Hands on experience working with information retrieval systems.
- Experience with search technologies (Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr).
- Experience with service-oriented architecture.
- Experience working with DevOps practices.
- Knowledge of container (Docker/Kubernetes) technologies (a plus).
Rewards: We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package, for more information please speak with the Talent Acquisition Team here.
Check us out here too…
LinkedIn life page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/mimecast/life
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimecast
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.