Software Engineering Manager, Complex Products
Storefront Engineering is in the enviable position of being able to speak directly to our customers. Through powerful technology, we make shopping our millions of products feel simple and personal, whether customers are just browsing while on-the-go on our native app or finalizing purchase decisions on the desktop from the comfort of their home. As Wayfair continues to see massive growth, Storefront Engineering is going through a major technology transition, empowering teams to build services and interfaces that can be updated and deployed independently. We are on the journey to build the tools and services to deliver value to our customers more quickly, all in an environment where engineering teams have the autonomy to make the right decision for themselves and their product.
The mission of the Complex Products team is to unlock growth by delighting customers when they purchase any F&D products, complex products, and samples. The Complex space typically has high optionality and high configurability products. These products can be confusing to shop and our mission is to enable customers to find and create these products easily & clearly without overwhelming them.
What You'll Do
- As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be working in a highly collaborative environment interacting closely with other Software Engineers & Product Managers to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- Be in charge of the health and the output of the team
- Help design the careers of those on your team and your peers.
- You will contribute to the teams technical decisions through discussions & writing technical documents and proposals.
- You will own the health of our production systems.
- You will mentor other engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
- Employ industry best practices with regard to service oriented architecture, API development, code considerations, and server side performance.
- Leverage self-directed time to invest in the platform, yourself, and broader Wayfair platform.
- You will design and help implement the system that will allow customer to see high optionality
- Write code that powers an experience used by millions of customers a day
- Partner with engineering teams to promote engineering best practices and help grow junior developers
What You'll Need
- A deep knowledge of systems application development
- Experience developing large, distributed applications
- A strong sense of ownership within your domain, and a desire to have agency
- A learners mind with an eagerness for teaching and being taught
- A sense of gratification from helping others
- Degree in computer science with 6+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 8+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Experience managing teams of 5 people or more for 2 years or more.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.