Chewy is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, UI for our Pet Health team in Boston, MA. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical business line. As part of a fast-pace and startup environment, you will be responsible to design and build a new product providing advanced B2C and B2B capabilities using React, micro frontend SPA and integrating with APIs backed by micro services on AWS. You will be the UX technology leader with a mission to build usable, reusable and performant UX components. You are expected to be an excellent team collaborator and mentor always raising the bar on quality and timely delivery in a highly agile environment.
What You'll Do:
- Prototype and develop new customer experiences for internal and external applications with web technologies
- Design and build responsive, accessible and performant UX components for mobile and desktop web experiences
- Interact with the full application stack to access and store information via APIs in a comprehensive application ecosystem
- Work in an agile and fast pace development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Provide technical guidance to your team by providing design and code reviews among other collaboration techniques
- Experience in using DevOps principles and techniques to delivery high quality software with the least technical debt possible
- Continuously adopt and embrace industry best practices in terms of technology and development process
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience creating modern web experiences across devices and form factors
- Project experience using React, Angular, Vue.JS or similar frameworks and/or libraries
- Experience with client-side GraphQL APIs
- Working Experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- Experience integrating with with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- Bachelors Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Position may require travel
- Server-side Python or Java development experience
- Healthcare or ecommerce experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].