CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We're hiring our first in-house Industrial Designer. Come work with us and be surrounded by a team of subject matter experts who are building the future of apparel manufacturing.
CreateMe is looking for a detail-oriented, organized, and proactive Industrial Designer who is interested in working on completely new Hardware products -- from scratch. In this role, you will work with subject matter experts in apparel manufacturing technology, fashion, and digital interaction design to lead the design of our CreateMe retail and manufacturing solutions.
CreateMe is transforming apparel creation as we know it - you will play a major role in defining the innovation and design we bring to market in our flagship solutions. You are someone who is confident in their design knowledge and driven to deliver aesthetically beautiful products that delight users. Someone who can collaborate with internal project teams and external development partners to deliver products that bridge creativity and technology. You tell rich, visual stories and inspire others in communicating the design journey from concept to customer. A self-motivated Industrial Designer who loves working with Product teams to deliver innovative designs and solutions.
- Develop and manage ID language and CMF for our retail and manufacturing solutions from early concept through production, crafting a design language that blends fashion and technology
- Demonstrate and promote the importance of good design and brand values
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products for both CreateMes consumer-facing and industrial solutions
- Create high-quality digital and physical presentation materials which communicate the design intent and present design concepts to internal teams, inclusive of the Product, Commercialization & Marketing, and Executive teams
- Organize all visual designs, written documents, and presentations to empower cross-functional teams with powerful visuals and design direction.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to develop and manage vendors for concept through production phases
- Bring projects and presentations to life with your expertise in an array of design tools such as 3D CAD SolidWorks, 3D Rendering, Adobe Creative Suite, and G-Suite, representing basic sub-assemblies up to finished product imagery
- Demonstrate your understanding of the value of color, materials, and finishes as it applies to product design
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
- 10+ years of industrial design experience
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC, 3D CAD, rendering software
- Excellent hand sketching and form development skills
- Experience in a management role
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong mechanical understanding and ability to interact with internal and external engineering teams
- A passion for materials and material exploration and a deep appreciation for aesthetics
- Experience in hands-on prototyping
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with industry vendors and suppliers
- Ability and desire to work and communicate well with internal and cross-functional teams
- Must have a portfolio that showcases a thoughtful creative process, excellent form control, and story-telling (sketches and models)
- Experience on both small and large form factor products, such as factory equipment or large integrated products
- Experience with apparel technology and/or consumer electronics
- Experience with video production or animation
- Experience with consumer-facing products
- Experience in an R&D program
- Experience working with INTL vendors and suppliers
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.