Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
Our team is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer with a passion for building a reliable, scalable, and performant cloud infrastructure and tools to power the Stash experience.
Weve had tremendous growth over the past 2 years and to support these initiatives, Stash will be expanding our team that supports our edge cloud infrastructure. As a Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will be working to build out and scale our infrastructure platform and processes that are the bedrock of Stash.
What youll do:
- Architect, design, and implement infrastructure services on AWS relating network infrastructure, load balancers, reverse proxies and application performance monitoring and logging solutions
- Develop application gateway using Nginx, Openresty, Lua and Terraform
- Facilitate scalable infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
- Lead operational health, maintenance, optimization, security initiatives with our application gateway
- Coordinate with DevOps Engineers, SRE, Backend Engineers and product teams to support end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Develop and maintain infrastructure modules for use by engineering staff
- Ensure high availability of infrastructure with anomalous behavior alerting
What were looking for:
- 8+ years of professional experience building and deploying Internet services and APIs
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, a related technical field, or relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience working with AWS and working with applications that undertake high network load
- Extensive experience configuring and deploying Nginx reverse proxies and load balancers
- Comprehensive understanding of networking and application protocols (TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP/S, TLS, SSH, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages (and AWS SDKs)
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with Terraform (or Terraform Enterprise)
- Experience transitioning monolithic systems to microservice-based systems
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**