Healthedge is looking for a Senior Java Engineer who is passionate about solving real world business problems to join our team. As a Senior member of the team, you will be working on solving product issues to help our customers run their business smoothly. You will be working as a problem solver with plenty of unique assignments within the department. You will be a key member involved in problem solving discussions and working heavily with the database and J2EE/integration technologies.
You will be an experienced Java developer with background in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and enterprise application integration (EAI) concepts and development. You will be responsible for researching customer reported product incidents, providing data cleanup scripts, recommending product enhancements and reporting defects on the WebLogic Application Server platform.
HealthEdge provides the only modern, enterprise-class software platform for healthcare payors. Using the patented HealthRules software suite, health plans, health insurance companies, and other payors can finally respond to new business opportunities and market changes in hours, not months or years, while drastically reducing both IT and operational costs. Leveraging an investment of over $125 million, HealthRules is the most modern, scalable, and cost-effective technology in the industry. HealthEdge is the only choice for payors to survive and thrive in the emerging healthcare economy.
- Research and analysis of complex product issues
- Provide workaround and data cleanup scripts
- Write up bugs and automated tests
- Research product performance issues
- Suggests product and performance enhancements to improve customer experience
- Writing up tools and generic scripts for customer facing teams
- Work in Kanban setting to meet service level objectives and OKRs
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver solutions to the customer
- Solve interesting technology and usability challenges
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII
- BS/MS in CS or related field.
- Excellent analysis, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience within customer-facing roles on professional services or sustaining engineering engagements.
- Minimum of 6 years of development experience in Java/J2EE technologies.
- Hands-on experience with XML, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, etc.) and JMS
- Hands-on experience working with RDBMS, data analysis and writing SQL scripts
- Development experience on the Linux operating system and Weblogic Application Server.
- Experience with source control software (Bitbucket), unit testing (JUnit), and build automation/CI (Jenkins).
- Experience in Application performance analysis
- Experience in the health insurance industry (Payors) preferred.
- Experience with agile development methodology such as SCRUM or Kanban.