Chewy is growing! Were looking for a Director of Engineering to join our team developing work class Pricing Platforms. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
Our Technology mission is to design and build world-class technology platforms that empower our business partners to create exceptional customer experiences. We aim to support the business by consistently delivering high-quality solutions that quickly address our business challenges. We operate on the following principles: provide a simple way to manage the products we sell, price competitively to support long-term customer trust, and design highly effective promotions.
The team is responsible for the technologies/processes/platforms to support our large portfolio of merchants and growing portfolio of private label brands. You will work with business and product to drive the end-to-end life cycle of our products. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for these platforms. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US.
What you'll do:
- Manage and lead a team 1-2 scrum teams with 3-7 experienced engineers responsible for building Chewys next generation Pricing platforms and complimentary products.
- Lead pricing operations and come up with creative ways to improve operational efficiency.
- Drive technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Contribute to road map definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Review code and implementations, provide feedback for technical contributors.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams as the subject matter expert for your team.
- Mentor, Coach and Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development.
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment.
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple software development projects
- Build, Manage and Mentor high performing teams
- Overall 8+ years of experience in the software development and high-volume enterprise systems
- 5+ years of experience leading & managing engineering teams Building cloud-native applications in public cloud (AWS preferred)
- 3+ year leading teams which operating with DevOps culture - managing all aspects of the project including RUN (operations)
- Ability to excel within a VERY fast paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure and provide hands-on leadership to our top-tier engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or engineering preferred (MS/MA would be a Strong Plus)
- Position may require occasional travel
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].