Wayfairs Data Science & Machine Learning Team builds the algorithmic systems that drive our business.
The team has a wide range of scope: Supply Chain and Operations, Fraud detection, Customer Feedback and Translations. As a result, we work with several different engineering teams in different departments for our model productization.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will partner both with those teams and our Data Science tech leads to productionize cutting-edge models for Supply Chain and Operations in customer-facing scenarios providing significant business-impact.
You will thus join our Staff Machine Learning engineering to build out the supply chain and operations area which is one of the newest global domains of Wayfairs Data Science Team.
The projects that our teams work on vary in maturity, but are often built from the ground up we look for entrepreneurial individuals who want to take ownership over their own agenda and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
What You'll Do:
- Youll be part of one of our Data Science teams, being a key player contributing to solve challenging problems on data-driven scenarios using Machine Learning at scale
- Deploy and maintain production models and services using both internal and open-source tools
- Collaborate closely with the engineering teams of B2B, sales, supply chain, fraud, user generated content and merchandising to ensure integration of our machine learning models into our microservices architecture
- Improve the pace of innovation and experimentation by introducing best practices and tools for Data Science workflow, code quality and MLOps
- Architect and write code to implement high-quality, scalable services with effective system boundaries that supports our long term vision & strategy
- Lead your teammates by example, as a senior member of the team your code and system designs demonstrate the path the team should follow
- Contribute to and influence our technology and product strategy and roadmaps
- Develop GCP based solutions within the Data Science team and help establish our team as the center of excellence for GCP
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of previous experience in Software Engineering with a strong background in Software Development Lifecycle processes.
- Experience with implementation in low-latency real-time platforms and/or scalable offline batch processes
- Solid experience with Java or Python (production level code) and SQL
- Job scheduling technologies (ex: Airflow) and containerization for isolated development (Docker, Kubernetes) shouldnt be foreign concepts to you.
- Knowledge of Microservice architectures.
- Capability to communicate and collaborate across the wider organization, influencing decisions without direct authority and always with inclusive, adaptable and persuasive communication.
- A passion for challenging problems and the ability to work with many different teams identifying architectural boundaries and platform interfaces.
- Desire to always be learning, and a collaborative team-player attitude!
Nice to have would be some experience with:
- Familiarity with Data & ML processing pipelines
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (also good if familiar with AWS or Azure)
- Familiarity with AWS Sagemaker or Google Vertex AI or something similar
- Proficiency in Big Data and Streaming tech (Spark/Flink, Kafka, or similar)
- Previous exposure to Supply Chain, Fraud, Payments, or NLP projects
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.