The ML metrics team focuses on data-driven metrics development for systems and subsystems to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks. The team charter is centered around two core concepts. First: how should we score the AV system as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical and ride comfort related constraints? Second: given such system level score, how do we score subsystems in a way that informs progress towards the system level goals.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop cutting-edge ML based smart agent models to ensure that the simulation environment reflects the real world driving behavior, with cars, pedestrians, cyclists interacting with our autonomous car in realistic fashion.
- Collaborate with other teams such as machine learning platform, infrastructure teams to deploy the smart agent models.
- Develop the performance metrics of our autonomous car.
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of fundamental statistics and deep learning concepts.
- Track record of driving ML projects from start to completion, including conception, problem definition, experimentation, iteration, and finally publication or productization.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - can explain complicated topics and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Fluent in python or C++.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.