Senior Manager, International Expansion, Advanced Analytics & Insights
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Wayfair Storefront Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We are currently in three international markets and have 1 trillion customer visits per year to discover and purchase everything for the home or business. The Storefront Advanced Analytics & Insights team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems.
Our International Expansion teams mission is to bring Wayfairs suite of customer-facing websites and mobile applications to non-U.S. markets and optimize the experience for our local customers unique needs and expectations. Our existing businesses in Canada, the U.K., and Germany are already among the fastest growing at Wayfair with over $3B in sales in the past 12 months but theres still tons of opportunity ahead and leaders across the company will be looking to this team to further accelerate our growth. At the same time, youll work with teams across Wayfair to lead the successful launch of several new countries over the next 1-2 years.
As the senior leader for analytics on our International Expansion team, your goal is to develop, lead, and execute on an analytics vision and agenda that supports our International Expansion efforts in collaboration with cross-functional product, design, engineering, and business teams. You will need to lay a strong data foundation to enable self service, set and execute on a product roadmap focused on localization, and build a team that can grow with the business. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of critical thinking, strong business intelligence capabilities, business acumen, and stakeholder management, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in Wayfairs data.
This is an ideal opportunity for a high-performing leader to set the direction for our International Expansion analytics needs. The successful candidate will have excellent data and analytical skills, be adept at collaborating effectively cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization, and possess strong communication skills to present their data driven findings in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
What You'll Do
- Own the strategic analytic agenda for International analytics to unlock insights and guide the business
- Lead a team of analysts to manage the data infrastructure, oversee the on-site testing strategy, and drive insights generation for the International customer
- Establish and maintain tracking of key business metrics for all International sites and apps, identifying trends/changes and driving improvement
- Conduct advanced analyses of customer behavior to identify local nuance and improve retention, including increased purchase frequency and spend rates
- Collaborate with Data Science, Infrastructure, Marketing, and other Analytics teams to deliver impactful data and insights
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to senior leadership across the organization to influence the strategic agenda
- Be a thought partner to drive continuous improvements to Analytics teams including and beyond your direct remit
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of analysts, including coaching, onboarding, and training
What You'll Need
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline. Masters preferred.
- 7+ years experience including 3+ years leading an analytics team.
- Experience working with global teams is a plus.
- Experience defining a clear, robust roadmap and delivering against it.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions that drive business decision making.
- Experience with visualization tools (such as Looker, Data Studio, Tableau) or BI software (such as SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos).
- Experience working with large and complex SQL databases. Experience with GBQ is a plus.
- Experience with SQL (incl. aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or structured computer programming language(s) (such as Python, Java, R, SAS).
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of analysts.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.