Wayfair Storefront Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We have 16 different mobile applications (apps) with over a million customers visiting every day to discover and purchase everything for the home or business. The Storefront Advanced Analytics & Insights team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems.
The App generated almost $4B in revenue in the past 12 months and is the fastest growing platform. Our vision includes both establishing the core commerce fundamentals to make it easy and enjoyable to shop on our App, while also using emerging capabilities including Augmented Reality (AR), Computer Vision and livestream formats to develop new innovative modes of shopping and evaluating our catalog. Our Apps will also be a critical component of our omnichannel experiences that cut across digital commerce and physical retail, offering new ways to shop and experience all that Wayfair has to offer.
As the senior leader for our App Analytics, your goal is to coordinate and implement the analytics components of our long term vision for our Apps, and bring revolutionary ideas to solve challenging technical problems. This requires a rare mix of critical thinking, strong analytics capabilities, business acumen, and stakeholder management, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in Wayfairs data. This position is responsible for directly managing a team of app-dedicated analysts while also setting and coordinating the agenda across Storefront for other app-focused analytics to drive our growth and improve our app experience for customers.
Given the range of analyses, Data Science models and experiments we support, we need an analytics leader that can think of scalable solutions to enable the Analytics behind our App including our toolset and standards to guide insights reporting, experimentation platforms, decisioning tools and performance analytics across the team. The successful candidate will have excellent technical and analytical skills, be adept at collaborating effectively cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization, and possess strong communication skills to present their data driven findings in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
What Youll Do
- Own the strategic analytic agenda for all App centered analytics to unlock insights and guide the business.
- Lead analysts and influence cross-functional partners to manage the data infrastructure, oversee the testing strategy, monitor health of App through data analytics, and drive insights generation for App specific customer behavior
- Establish and maintain tracking of key business metrics for app, identifying trends/changes and driving improvement
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of app-focused analysts, including coaching, onboarding, and training
- Collaborate with teams across AAI to coordinate advanced analyses of customer behavior to improve acquisition and retention of customers on app, including increased purchase frequency and spend rates
- Partner with Data Science, Infrastructure, Marketing, and other Analytics teams to deliver impactful data and insights
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to senior leadership across the organization to influence the strategic agenda
- Be a thought partner to drive continuous improvements to Analytics teams including and beyond your direct remit
What Youll Need
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, MIS, or other quantitative disciplines. Masters preferred.
- 7+ years experience including 3+ years leading an analytics team.
- Experience working with native app analytics
- Experience defining a clear, robust roadmap and delivering against it.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions that drive business decision making.
- Experience with visualization tools (such as Looker, Data Studio, Tableau) or BI software (such as SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos).
- Experience working with large and complex SQL databases. Experience with GBQ is a plus.
- Experience with SQL (incl. aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or structured computer programming language(s) (such as Python, Java, R, SAS).
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of analysts.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.