Senior Manager – Enterprise Data Architecture & MDM Lead
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Enterprise Data Strategy & Execution for the Company, the Sr. Manager – Enterprise Data Architecture & MDM will lead the Enterprise Data Management practice focused on defining & establishing the Enterprise Data Architecture and Master Data Management of critical enterprise data entities like customer & product.
- Own and establish the Enterprise data architecture that defines the capabilities for data acquisition, integration, transformation, governance, insights, and consumption of actionable data for insight driven data platforms and business applications
- Assess current state architecture, develop a deep understanding & knowledge of current business processes and systems to define the target-state data architecture that aligns with business and technology strategy and roadmaps
- Define the reference architecture, establish standards, and build data processes that create repeatable and reusable capabilities to transform how the enterprise collects, curates, and consumes data
- Own the movement and governance of enterprise data among the various products and business applications, integrating with key internal systems, product platforms and processes
- Develop conceptual and physical models, design and document data services, interfaces, and data flows with big picture awareness across the enterprise.
- Lead the development of effective master data management solutions that deliver high quality, complete, and consistent master data as the foundation for enabling the goals of our digital and analytics strategy
- Accountable for the activation of enterprise data in various internal applications such as Salesoforce, PeopleSoft / ERP
- Effectively communicate to business and technical partners across the organization (product, IT, marketing, systems, BI etc) and partner in enterprise-wide cross functional efforts
- Thorough understanding of established data management technologies and awareness of emerging data technologies in the industry to bring forward data solutions, driving innovation across the company
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Data Engineering, Information Technology, CIS, CS, or related field or experience
- 8+ years of Data Management experience involving Data Architecture and MDM solutions
- Highly proficient in data architecture and conceptual, logical and physical data modeling
- Expert in relational data modeling including star schema, fact, and dimensional modeling
- Established experience delivering information management solutions to large numbers of end users
- Experience with technology stacks available for Metadata Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Lineage, Data Catalog etc.
- Demonstrable experience in working cross functionally across an enterprise organization to develop data architectures to facilitate business analytics
- Ability to work and potentially lead in an Agile methodology environment
- Experience and interest in cloud migration/journey to the cloud for data platforms and landscape
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and technical abilities
- Practical problem-solving skills and ability to move complex projects forward
- Experience with CRM tools (Salesforce), business intelligence tools and systems data
- Experience with enterprise level production data warehouses/marts
- Experience and expertise in cloud-based solutions; AWS Data pipelines and RedShift are a plus
Preferred Technology Experience:
- AWS services
- Erwin/IBM InfoSphere Architect
- Reltio/Informatica MDM
- Confluence, Jira, GitHub
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.