Senior Manager, L&D Technology
The mission of the L&D Technology team at Wayfair is to enable technology to accelerate learning and professional development in service to our vision that all Wayfarians have the learning opportunities they want and need. We invest in understanding our customers needs, for both our internal training and development teams and 20,000+ end users, to drive toward innovative and effective solutions that help Wayfairians become happier and more productive at work.
As the leader of the L&D Tech team, you will lead a small team in tackling large, transformational projects to make high-quality experiences accessible to all Wayfair, optimizing user experience in learning, and empowering Wayfairians to own their own development. You will report to the Director of Talent Operations under the Talent (People/HR) Department at Wayfair. In this highly cross-functional role, you will work closely with partners in Talent (People/HR), Training & Development, Product, Engineering, and Employee Tech (IT). If you are excited about tackling new challenges, rallying others behind your ideas, and leveraging technology to scale solutions, then come talk to us!
What Youll Do
- Own the L&D Technology function at Wayfair for all employees globally
- Partner with leaders across Talent (People/HR), Training & Development, Product, Engineering, and Employee Tech (IT) to set the agenda for learning technology
- Develop, execute, and measure the success of a 12+ month strategic roadmap for learning technology
- Gather data, create proposals, and implement solutions to improve access to, engagement with, and user experience of, learning technology
- Partner with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, engage with team leaders, and use your influencing skills to get buy-in for project initiatives
- Become a subject matter expert, provide support and consultation, and establish best practices for learning technology platforms
- Understand the learning technology industry, manage vendor relationships, and take a holistic approach to decision making for the learning technology product suite
- Manage and provide coaching to a team of 2-3 manager-level direct reports
What Youll Need
- You are a strategic thinker that is able to balance long-term, visionary thinking with a short-term operational mindset
- You are a strong communicator and great at managing cross-functional stakeholders and partners. You know how to best understand their needs, make and deliver tough prioritization decisions, and align on the best course of action to drive maximum impact for our employees
- You are highly organized, results-oriented, and data-driven
- You adapt quickly, love rolling up your sleeves, and are an independent self-starter
- You have experience with managing technology solutions through initiatives such as RFPs, software implementations, system integrations, platform updates/upgrades, and new feature launches
- Experience with managing direct reports preferred
- Experience with Cornerstone, Axonify, or other learning management systems (LMS) preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.