MassChallenge is looking for a Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, who will be responsible for ensuring MassChallenges US business is represented across the organizations global marketing efforts. You will collaborate closely with a diverse set of stakeholders and will be responsible for the development and execution of external and internal marketing campaigns, events, and communications that help MassChallenge and its leadership advance its strategic priorities and business goals. In this role you can expect to being a strategic thinker, results-driven and self-motivated, mindful of goals and outcomes, how to achieve and measure them. Additionally, you will be a cross-functional marketer that breathes life into MassChallenges marketing through the use appropriate storytelling, different mediums, and creative visuals for all campaigns. This is an opportunity to work on the ground floor as we further establish MassChallenge as the global network for innovators. This role will be US based, a member of the HQ team, and report directly to the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.): We are looking for individuals from underrepresented races, sexual orientations, genders, identities, abilities, and experiences to join our team, enhance our culture, and increase our diversity of thought. We recognize that skills are gained in many ways, whether it be through professional, academic, or lived experience. We also know that its not always easy to apply for a job if youre not sure you check every box in the job description. There is no such thing as a perfect candidate, so no matter your background and how you identify, we encourage you to apply for this job if it would make you excited to come into work every day.
A note on location: our offices are closed because of the global COVID-19 pandemic. When we return to the office this position can be based out of one of our four offices(Boston, MA, Providence, RI, Austin, TX or Houston, TX). We are accepting candidates that currently live in or are looking to move to one of these cities. You will only be expected to work from one city, not travel between all four. This position will start virtual/remote which means you can be located anywhere in the U.S. to start while working east coast hours. We anticipate opening the office no earlier than September 7,?2021, with the required safety measures in place. Once our office opens, you would be expected to come in, and at this time we are not able to provide relocation assistance.
What Youll Do
- Identify, align, and implement strategic regional marketing goals and objectives together with the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications and US business managing directors.
- Lead the strategy and execution of annual startup sourcing campaign for the US business.
- Unearth compelling, strategically relevant stories from across the US business with the goal to promote MassChallenges expertise, culture and employer brand to strategic audiences.
- Produce engaging, creative written content including writing long-form feature articles, thought leadership pieces, personal profiles, and social media content.
- Lead regional content agenda and calendar, working with our Senior Director, Marketing and Communications to stay current of industry and technology developments in the US, localizing our global storytelling to the US markets.
- Work closely with our Senior Director, Marketing and Communications, and US program teams to craft narratives for media consumption and external speaking presentations.
- Plan and execute on the events presence (in-person and virtual) and marketing of the events in partnership with the local programs and global organization, including email campaigns, paid ads, media partnerships, and more.
- Collaborate with local teams to create a comprehensive communications strategy and support the execution of key communications like newsletters and other email campaigns.
- Coordinate supporting creative assets, photos, graphics and other media production when necessary.
- Partner with global marketing organization to produce relevant reports demonstrating goals, key performance indicators (KPIs), and overall impact of marketing campaigns.
- Oversee department marketing budget.
Who You Are and What You Bring
- You have 5 years of experience in marketing.
- You have experience with creating communications content and published across digital channels.
- You have proven experience in leading event strategy and marketing.
- You have strong media relations skills and experience working with trade/interest organizations or universities.
- You are creative, thoughtful and passionate about storytelling.
- You have strong knowledge of email marketing platforms like Hubspot.
- You have experience setting goals and KPIs and effective measurement.
- You have a oroven ability to be self-directed and coordinate work across many teams and perform in a fast-moving environment.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- You have experience working with/in startups and/or corporate innovation (this is a plus for candidates but not a requirement).
Who We Are
MassChallenge is the global network for innovators who are working to solve massive challenges. We connect startups, experts, corporations, and communities to grow and transform businesses and economies. At MassChallenge we:
- Help entrepreneurs build the next generation of transformational businesses by connecting them with the resources, partnerships, and communities that help them launch, grow, and scale their startups.
Help our partners build, grow, and evolve their corporate innovation practices.
Leverage the power of entrepreneurship to strengthen global innovation ecosystems.
Whether youve never heard of an accelerator, youve had your own startup, or you are new to the world of entrepreneurship, we use certain words at MassChallenge to describe our work that might be new to you. Here are a few words you have seen throughout this job description and what they mean to us:
Program: A startup accelerator program at MassChallenge that is location or industry based that conducts its own applications, cohorts, and curriculum, such as MassChallenge Boston, MassChallenge Texas, or MassChallenge FinTech.
How We Work
Our mission is to equip bold entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and to create meaningful change. Our mission is BIG and so we are a team that gives 110% to it every day. Our Guiding Principles ensure we stay true to our mission and our core beliefs:
- Put Community First
- Own It
- Love the Problem
- Build for Impact
- Connect and Collaborate
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help strengthen the global innovation ecosystem.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and please include a one-page letter in which you share why you are interested in taking on this role.
Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community we serve. Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.