Wild Thinkers Welcome
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the worlds most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make existing products better or create new ones to meet customer needs.
Weve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us there. Thats why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you become a Thrasher, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push whats possible to get us there. And if you fail, its coolwe know youll grow spectacularly. What matters is that youre helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula or pillow brand we grow, with every kitchen scale we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
Here at Thrasio we are building one of the largest and most sophisticated data and analytics platforms in e-commerce to not only empower and supercharge our internal teams with data-driven insights but to develop unique capabilities that provide Thrasio a competitive advantage and help us further scale.
If you are passionate about the power of data and analytics to deliver a long-lasting impact and want to help empower one of our most critical business functions, then this is the role for you.
You will partner with senior leaders across the organization and use price to optimize for long-term profitability, drive efficient trade-offs between revenue and profit, and manage the price perception of our customers across the world's biggest e-commerce marketplaces and selling channels.
As a member of the pricing and promotions team, you will work with our executive team to understand their most pressing and high-value needs, build a team of analysts to manage our price levels, and help craft the long-term vision of our cross-functional teams filled with data engineers, data analysts, and data scientists.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Run exploratory data analysis to identify new ideas and opportunities
- Proactively monitor our pricing, cost and margin levels to identify potential issues, determine root causes, and resolve
- Manage margin at the portfolio level and help the company make efficient profit trade-offs to meet our business goals
- Play a key role in managing the engineering and data science road map and inform the develop of our pricing algorithms
- Determine where to invest in lower prices and aggressive promotions the short term for long term growth and build communication plans around the investment strategy
- Communicate your vision, roadmap and priorities to the senior leadership team and drive alignment with relevant business leaders on top priorities and the business value for major initiatives
- Act as a valuable thought partner to key leaders and help shape and influence their business objectives, measures of success, and priorities
- Determine the complexion of resources needed short-term and longer-term to execute on your roadmap across engineering, data science, and analytics and work with leaders in those areas to build dedicated teams to execute your vision
- Build a team of high performing analysts and thoughtfully divide and allocate the roadmap across them
What you bring to the Party
- Demonstrated success working with executives at the most senior levels, developing an analytics roadmap, and providing recommendations that direct business strategy and achieve high impact results
- 5+ years work experience in a relevant field (in addition to any graduate education)
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of analysts
- Experience designing and implementing visible, and innovative analytical strategies
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results
- Experience managing teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven ability managing, guiding, and growing analytic leaders
- Experience with SQL or a structured programming language (aggregate functions, query optimization, stored procedures, string parsing, Vertica/Hive/Presto/Spark, etc.), is a plus
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.