Wayfair Storefront Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We are currently in three international markets and have 1 trillion customer visits per year to discover and purchase everything for the home or business. The Storefront Advanced Analytics & Insights team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems.
Our Storefront Customer Trends & Insights teams mission is to understand and provide insights on our customer experience in our online stores (aka our websites and mobile applications across all of our brands and geographies). As the senior leader of our Storefront Trends Capabilities team, you will own assessing, triaging and understanding our customer trends across Wayfair. This will include identifying and overseeing the building of tools, standards, models and dashboard reporting suites to guide teams on efficiently and effectively identifying trends and quickly getting to the underlying root cause of changes in customer behavior. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of critical thinking, analytics rigor and data visualization capabilities, business acumen, and stakeholder management, all applied in tandem to discover key insights within Wayfairs vast web data. It also requires working closely with other analysts and cross-functional colleagues across the broader organization to drive impact, set our strategic priorities, and enable teams to be more effective at analyzing our data.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical and analytical skills as well as the ability to present their data driven findings in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner. This is an ideal opportunity for a high-performing leader who is passionate about leveraging data to shape the strategy across a growing eCommerce operation, enabling an entire organization to be data fluent while defining and implementing the capabilities, tools, and best practice processes to make trends insights generation scalable, consistent, and self-serviceable.
What You'll Do
- Enable the Storefront departments Engineers, Designers, Analysts and Product Managers to explore Wayfairs data, understand and analyze customer behavior, and monitor product performance (KPIs) and business trends, including:
- Discovery: Create or identify existing essential dashboards and help users navigate reports to answer common questions about customers on-site behavior
- Standards: Give users the right guidelines to self-serve and create accurate insights
- Training: Educate users on the what and how of using data reporting tools for self service
- Usage Support: Continuously help and guide users with the right level of support
- Develop analytic models and capabilities to unlock self-service at scale including: defining metrics and segments, best practices for trends monitoring, anomaly detection, insights identification, dashboard governance, and training / user support
- Create diagnostic tools and frameworks to triage changes in metrics including prioritizing/sizing impact and playbook for conducting and resolving investigations
- Work with data engineering teams to increase accessibility of metrics for analysis and insights, including data wrangling optimization (e.g., connected Google Sheet queries)
- Own the strategic analytic agenda for Storefront Trends Capabilities to unlock self-service capabilities and efficiencies for the department
- Linking our vast data sets to provide a fresh perspective or identify new sources of data , as needed, to answer important business questions
- Maintain, scale, and drive adoption of existing tools, dashboards, and reporting
- Be a thought partner to drive continuous improvements to Analytics teams including and beyond your direct remit
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of technical analysts
What You'll Need
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline. Masters preferred.
- 7+ years experience including 3+ years leading an analytics or similar growth-oriented team.
- Experience defining a clear strategy with a robust roadmap and delivering against it.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions that drive business decision making.
- Experience with visualization tools (such as Looker, Data Studio, Tableau) or BI software (such as SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos).
- Experience working with large / complex SQL databases (e.g. Amazon RDS, Azure, Vertica, Teradata, GBQ is a plus) or structured computer programming language(s) (such as Python, Java, R, SAS).
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of analysts.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.