Wayfair is seeking a Tax Reporting and Compliance Senior Manager to become a key member of its growing tax organization. This is a highly visible, key position within the tax team responsible for ensuring that Wayfair complies with its tax reporting obligations, and maintaining tax data and tax models across the organization. This position is a true blend of tax technology, compliance, and ASC 740. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a successful history of managing tax provision and tax return processes for a large multinational corporation, the ability to model complex tax situations, and the ability to utilize technology for operational efficiency. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability to grow into a leadership role within Wayfairs tax organization.
- Own and manage Wayfairs federal income tax return, including U.S. reporting for offshore entities, working closely with global teams and external tax advisors to ensure Wayfairs compliance obligations are met timely and accurately
- Own and manage Wayfairs global tax provision, including FIN 48, internal controls for accounting for income taxes, and non-income tax accruals (formerly FAS 5)
- Own and manage Wayfairs tax models and forecasts quantifying the impact to Wayfairs global P&L and cash taxes, and Wayfairs tax data, including: tax attributes, legal entity attributes, tax rate analysis, interest expense limitation, and modeling for international provisions of the U.S. code (FDII, GILTI, BEAT, etc.)
- Drive the use of appropriate tax technology and identify process and efficiency improvement opportunities that reduce manual time
- Partner with tax planning on the implementation of tax planning strategies into Wayfairs tax models and reporting and compliance obligations
- Own and manage domestic income tax audits, notices, or other inquiries by tax authorities
- Manage various financial reporting, compliance, and other assigned projects
- 10+ years of tax experience with a national accounting firm and/or multinational corporation; preferably a mix of both
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant area
- CPA required; advanced Tax degree preferred
- Ability to collect, maintain, update, and analyze large amounts of tax data and build efficient models that yield real time, usable information
- Expertise with the various software tools available to support a growing tax function
- Previous experience owning a global provision and compliance function and process with detailed knowledge of U.S. Federal and Outbound corporate tax concepts, compliance obligations, and ASC 740 requirements
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.