Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As the Senior Marketing Manager, Consumer Engagement, you will play a critical role in the Marketing department. Specifically, you will lead the team responsible for defining the consumer communication strategy for Amwell and across all enterprise clients, including development of email and mobile notification programs to improve consumer acquisition and retention, development of manual and automated programs that improve consumer engagement, and data analysis to improve the effectiveness of these programs.
This person will have a tangible impact on the growth of Amwells business with the resources and support to develop and manage top-performing messaging programs to drive utilization for top healthcare and digital health brands.
- Own consumer messaging across all channels and devices, for the full customer lifecycle, for our enterprise clients as well as our own direct-to-consumer brand
- Design, develop, test, and optimize key messaging channels (email, push, in-app, and SMS) and engagement streams to drive success across platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- Establish a rigorous analytical framework and manage the reporting and performance of all consumer messaging initiatives
- Oversee the execution of messaging programs by client and effectively partner with clients and Amwell Client Marketing Managers to drive success
- Identify, acquire, and integrate new tools and technologies, including vetting partners and collaborating with internal stakeholders to launch these tools
- Act as a liaison with product, engineering, operations groups to influence our consumer product roadmap
- Define processes that streamline internal workflows and drive scalable growth
- Be a strategic thinker, problem solver and communicator who is focused on building meaningful and impactful long-term relationships with consumers
- Lead, mentor, and manage our consumer messaging team
- 7+ years experience in Consumer Lifecycle Marketing, CRM, Retention, or Engagement Marketing
- Set up effective promotional, transactional, lifecycle, and triggered campaigns that drive growth, retention, and win-back
- Strong experience with Braze or similar Customer Engagement Platform
- Experience with Mobile messaging (push notifications, in-app messages, SMS messages)
- Success scaling programs and processes to effectively manage messaging programs and deliver performance reports for more than one-hundred enterprise clients
- Expert Knowledge of A/B testing strategies and test planning
- Experience developing segmentation and targeting strategies to test and learn how best to communicate with a population
- A deep understanding of the CRM technology landscape and ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- A great communicator who can tell the full story at all levels within the organization, bringing all stakeholders along with them
- Experience managing and growing an effective team
- Strong presentation, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Experience in monitoring and improving inbox placement/deliverability
- Experience operating in a regulated environment; experience with HIPAA and privacy a plus
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree is a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing projects
- A how can we get this done attitude
- Good writer with keen attention to detail
- Think deeply, but also act quickly
- Data-driven decision maker
- Obsessed with improvement
- No fear of asking questions
- Comfort with ambiguity and change (our industry is constantly evolving)
- Low ego, a team player
- Cross-functional team player
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans