CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer such as yourself to be a part of a dynamic and innovative R&D department in the Bay Area. You would be a part of a team of Electrical, Automation, Robotic, Firmware, and other Mechanical Engineers developing automation technology in the apparel manufacturing space. You will lead design and develop efforts for hardware components and processes to support an innovative manufacturing automation program. You will come with a passion for Engineering and a dedication to getting the job done. Your scope of work will be anything mechanical which includes developing new design concepts with state-of-the-art IoT technology, developing high end robotic systems with multiple sensors and visions systems, and working with some of the best NPI and Manufacturing teams in automation that will revolutionize the apparel manufacturing and customization process. Your energy will help drive innovation and provide success in our demos and products.
- Working in Research and Development to create technology in the area of Automation, Robotics, and Mechatronics.
- Work with Industrial Design to implement design requirements
- Selecting Materials and Machine components.
- Using GD&T and selecting proper manufacturing processes
- Perform Finite Element Analysis as required
- Working with the R&D team to come up with innovate designs that meet and exceed technical and product requirements.
- Using CAD to design structures, motors, sensor mounts, and overall assemblies and systems targeted for worldwide manufacturing and sales.
- Being a part of the team building technology demonstrators and prototypes and help debug and test those assemblies.
- Performing verification of your designs to provide a successful handoff to other associates in the company.
- Implementing new designs from concept to manufacturing.
- Supporting existing products in the field and in manufacturing.
- Participate and drive Design Reviews.
- Working in a multi-disciplined environment (EEs, MEs, SW, FW, QA, and Compliance).
- Working with Operation teams located throughout the world (NPI, Manufacturing, and Product Support).
- Mentoring other associates within the team.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 10+ years of experience designing hardware components with at least 2 years designing automation equipment, and/or robotics.
- Experience creating detailed engineering drawings for fabrication and assembly.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical devices commonly used in automation equipment.
- Knowledge of precision machine design.
- Hands on supervisory experience of building automated equipment, electro-mechanical equipment or mechanical prototype fixtures.
- CAD mechanical design using Solidworks or other comparable tool set.
- Experience with manufacturing process for releasing parts and assemblies, including product structure for manufacturing and ECO process.
- Deep knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes, materials and cosmetic finishes.
- Experience going through DFM process for at least one complete product lifecycle.
- Experience with FEA/CFD for thermal analysis and structural integrity.
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, sheet metal forming and 3D printing.
- Good working knowledge of statics, mechanics of materials, fluid flow and heat transfer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Masters or PhD.
- Ability to be persuasive and sell ideas to others.
- Demonstrated history of multiple completed projects and products.
- Demonstrated history of creativity, innovation, and outside-the-box thinking.
- Discipline lead for multiple projects.
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.