Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in the design of vehicle chassis, weldments and substructures. We are looking for an exceptional individual contributor who understands the diverse range of performance requirements required to design robust, reliable and cost efficient small vehicles.
What you'll do:
- Design the major structural members, assemblies and subassemblies for electric ride-share scooters and other vehicles.
- Lead DFM tasks and facilitate the transition toward high volume production.
- Perform structural design, analysis, and optimization using analytic and FEA methods.
- Evaluate and select materials and processes for optimal performance and manufacturability.
- Design and run tests to evaluate both prototype and production level hardware.
- Provide impartial feedback on design concepts, analyses, and documentation..Work with global supply chain to develop components, sub-assemblies products that are cost-effective, reliable and timely.
- When it is safe to do so, potentially travel overseas to evaluate suppliers and develop solutions to problems.
What we're looking for:
- Expertise in designing and documenting the following.
- Extruded, die cast, and hydroformed chassis parts and welded assemblies.
- Small vehicle components and subsystems.
- 10+ years of experience designing structural components/chassis for small vehicle such as snowmobiles, quad bikes, motorcycle, bicycles.
- MS/BS in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant field.
- Strong capability to perform white-board analysis of technical problems.
- History of innovative, creative solutions to difficult design challengesKnowledge of high-reliability cost-conscious transportation and mobility systems.
- Excellence in CAD modeling, preferably Solidworks.
- Experience working through DFM with suppliers to reduce part cost and improve quality.
- Thorough understanding of design for volume.
- Demonstrated experience bringing a product or assembly through its entire lifecycle from initial concept to volume manufacturing
- Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
Generous time off policy.
On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
Equity in a fast growing company.
A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.