We are seeking a certified professional coder to join our Service Delivery team within the Technology Enabled Services division at athenahealth. This role is responsible for the analysis and appropriate resolution of medical billing and coding work within a contractually specified timeframe in the most efficient manner possible. This individual will identify trends through observation and escalate opportunities for improvement to the appropriate business unit. The senior medical coding analyst will support our clients and business partners through ensuring accuracy of coding related work and will play a key role in reviewing and analyzing medical billing and coding for processing both in the front end and back end of the revenue cycle.
You are action oriented; you display a can-do attitude and initiate timely action to address important issues.
The Team: Our Service Delivery team is responsible for the delivery and monitoring of the timely execution of tasks performed by resources across the athena service catalogue they coordinate, measure, and drive the performance of these resources against expectations established by the athena Product, Technology Enabled Services, and Service Integrity teams.
- Receive and review patient charts and documents for accuracy
- Ensure that all codes are current and active
- Report missing or incomplete documentation
- Serve as a resource regarding insurance resolutions and coding questions
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certificationrequired
- Minimum of3 years ofmarketexperiencein themedical coding field
- Experience with revenue cycle, claim formatting, and coding requirements
- Ability to solve complex healthcare billing problems
- Familiarity and comfort with web/software applications
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is located in Belfast, Maine office in mid-coast Maine, minutes from the bay and the picturesque downtown area. Located 34 miles south of Bangor, Maine and 45 miles east of Augusta, Maine. The Belfast campus offers walking trails, full-service cafeteria and is dog-friendly.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.