The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
Our Machine Learning team, authors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150). The ML Team is doubling in size, and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 4/5 autonomous taxi system.
What Youll be Doing:
- Design and deploy deep neural networks that predict the future motion of objects around our self-driving car
- Work closely with the Planning team to integrate your motion prediction models with our state-of-the-art driving system
- Conduct experiments, write reports, and file patents
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines
What Were Looking For:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing, training, analyzing, and deploying neural networks for at least one of the following applications: motion prediction, behavioral prediction, intent inference, object detection, image segmentation, sensor fusion, tracking, active learning, anomaly detection, multitask learning, network compression, reinforcement learning, and unsupervised learning
- Fluency in Python or C++
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience deploying deep learning models in a production environment
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICLR)
- Experience in automotive or other real-time and embedded systems.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.