The Senior Manager of Operations will work with cross-functional partners (e.g., Supply Chain Operations, Tech, Visual Merch) to support the Company 's expansion of physical retail. As part of the Store Operations home office team, this person will develop standard operating procedures for inventory management, best in class operating model, infusion of omni elements and innovating on the store of the future. We are seeking an experienced leader who can assist in the development of our store operations platform.
This role is based in Boston and reports to the Director of Store Operations. As the retail portfolio grows, this position should expect to support an increasing number of assets and transactions. This position is a key member of the Wayfair Physical Retail Operations team that will help craft the playbook to stand up and scale stores in North America across all five Wayfair brands (Wayfair, All Modern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main, Perigold).
What Youll Do:
- Assist in the construction of an operating model platform for a portfolio stores
- Partner with Supply Chain Operations to determine all procedures related to back of house operations including receiving, enabling merchandise flips, security, housekeeping
- Develop retail operations SOPs, partner with HR to training materials related to operations for all store level employees. Including, but not limited to SOPs for receiving, inventory management, cash management
- Support the development of the initial store operating model
- Work with store managers to understand, identify and address issues and gaps
- Following the opening of the initial retail location, evaluate store operations, employee and customer satisfaction & adjust operations SOPs accordingly
- Design effective communication and strategic messaging that will be utilized to deliver the overall brand intent for achieving best in retail teams and customer experiences in store
- Provide oversight and compliance reporting tools that ensure operating standards are achieved
- Play a key role in developing and measuring operational KPIs and drive improvement through the development of tools and training programs
- Assist in the management of multiple concurrent new stores opening projects from build out to launch
- Remove barriers and implement solutions that create consistent operational excellence and brand standards across the portfolio
- Attend S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) meetings representing retail needs
What Youll Need:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Physical Retail experience required, with preferred experience in standing up and running a retail store
- Strong business management skills; demonstrated ability to create and lead important strategic initiatives
- Able to collaborate across all levels of the organization to achieve objectives
- Evidence of 'scrappy start-up execution ' and a 'get it done ' attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Thrives in a high growth, ambiguous environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.