Senior Product Associate - Looker, Data Platforms Engineering
The Data Access & Visualization Platforms team is an integral part of how we use data at Wayfair. Our goal is to provide scalable, performant, and flexible tools through a variety of platform options to support the analytical needs of all Wayfair teams. We invest in business intelligence tools and reporting platforms, build support structures through training and documentation, and connect with thousands of users to ensure data is a part of every decision we make.
As part of the Data Platform Engineering team, we are aligned with our overall data strategies, and our tool investments are reflective of that. We believe in self-serving data and analytics, from collection, to transformations, to analysis and reporting. We also believe that there is no one tool to solve all of our data use cases, and have a menu of analytics tool options that we drive and support.
We are looking for a Senior Product Associate to drive overall roadmap initiatives and adoption of Looker, one of our highly used tools used at Wayfair. This is an opportunity to drive and influence initiatives that directly impact and evolve Wayfairs Data culture - including how Wayfair utilizes data for mass consumption throughout our vast user community.
What You'll Do
- Be a technical SME for Looker and how it is utilized across multiple business functions
- Create and drive major initiatives and alignment across multiple engineering and business teams as well as our external vendor partners
- Participate and evaluate in feedback loops with direct and indirect stakeholder groups, ensuring Voice of the Customer is heard and incorporated into initiatives
- Partner with Data Engineering stakeholders and Business stakeholders daily to understand workflows and use-cases to build upon and improve processes and best practices around Looker and its usage
- Collaborate with Product and/or Software Engineering partners to investigate and implement product integrations, feature enhancements, and backend scaling efforts
- Understand our other modern data toolsets and where Looker fits in our menu of tools in order to guide business functions to best utilize our tools for their needs
What You'll Need
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Data Studio, SSAS/Atscale, Connected Sheets, Power BI, Tableau)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills across different domains and audiences
- Experience working with multiple cross functional teams
- The ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience with Looker analysis, development, and/or administration
- Awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle and/or Change Management
- Familiarity with the Hub and Spoke Looker model
- Understanding of product analytics and measurements
- Prior experience with technical tool onboarding and or documentation for both technical and non-technical users
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.