Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. The Chewy Product Design and Research team embraces this vision, crafting experiences that aim to delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) with unprecedented ease and convenience, empowering them to keep their pets happy and healthy. We are a hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving team of designers, researchers and builders, on the lookout for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate will be adept at translating customer and business needs into innovative well-crafted products. You know how to create product experiences that enable pet parents, businesses, and veterinarians to accomplish their goals in the most elegant and enjoyable way possible.
The Chewy product design team works on innovating our flagship Chewy platforms and developing new products and services across the entire Chewy ecosystem. You might be helping pet parents find just the right toys, food, and medicine to keep them happy and healthy. Supporting pet parents in finding their next pet and being there to answer urgent questions using veterinarian telemedicine. Ensuring that our customer care and fulfillment teams have just the right tools to wow our customers with seven-star service.
Deliver products and results
You use your expertise in user experience design methods to hone the details while keeping the entire product experience front and center. You can plan your work and identify the right approach to any given design challenge, holding yourself accountable using customer outcomes and business metrics.
You build trust across the team by helping others achieve their goals, and you can push the boundaries of design and product innovation. Your constructive communication and collaboration style enables you to quickly build consensus and influence people across your team.
Think critically to solve problems
You can identify underlying customer needs and business problems critical to a successful product. You use storytelling and facilitation to drive alignment. You can clearly articulate the pros and cons of any proposed solution. Your judgment allows you to make smart trade-offs between time and effort to ensure the best possible outcome.
Craft high performing teams
You model and mentor your peers to help us create a high functioning team that is continuously learning and improving design delivery. You coach peers in design skills you mastered to continuously improve design quality and impact. When you see an issue, you act quickly to resolve or escalate it.
What Youll Do
- Transform customer and business objectives into compelling products that have purpose, simplicity, and are feasible to build.
- Develop multiple solutions for a specific challenge that can be delivered across a range of products, platforms, and devices with a bias for action and crisp management of priorities.
- Manage the design process for your projects from discover and concept ideation; through flows and wireframes; to full-fidelity prototype designs.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other designers.
- Champion cohesion and consistency to unite a growing family of products.
- Clearly present your design process, inspiration, and decisions to stakeholders including C-suite executives.
- Nurture Chewys culture and principles within your team and the design practice.
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- 1+ years leading large-scale product design initiatives.
- A track record of delivering high-quality digital products that delivered results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
- Proven experience communicating and presenting complex problems clearly.
- A proven ability to evaluate the customer and business impact of your design decisions.
- Bachelors in Design, HCI, related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Position may require travel and will require time in the local office.
- Track record of delivering designs that adapt to multiple platforms from desktop web to mobile
- Experience handling complex services and transactions
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com