The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Designer who can partner closely with members of product management and engineering to build & iterate on the delightful, accessible user interface to our DBaaS product. They will work with our customers to understand what they love & what causes friction in the UI and come up with innovative design solutions to address those pain points. They will understand the capabilities & constraints of the service, and be able to amplify its strengths through the UX.
- Work with product management to validate ideas, and help draw out the discussion and thinking behind a feature
- Work with engineering squads to provide clear expectations on what the design achieves, and review implementation for completeness
- Work with customers & broader users to understand their needs, and identify if were missing something
- Work in Figma to iterate on designs with various internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in product design/UX
- A keen eye for visual design, aesthetics, and detail
- Experience with designing within brand standards & meeting accessibility requirements
- Experience with designing within & maintaining design systems
- Experience with concept validation research and usability testing
- Ability and drive to successfully engage on self-managed work across multiple development teams, and oversight & consistency
- Communication skills (verbal and written) that build and foster collaborative relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Experience designing products for developers
- Experience designing for enterprise customers, ideally on complex system management tools
- Passion for inspiring others in the team to engage with customers, design thinking and UX/UI best practices
- Experience using data to identify unseen behaviours, or place where features havent landed as expected
- Understanding of what is possible with React applications, and how to push that envelope
- Experience using Ant Design
- Familiarity with databases, especially Postgres
- Good understanding of Cloud business models, and how the expectations of Cloud users translate into the user experience
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.