Tulip, the Frontline Operations Platform, is empowering the worlds leading manufacturers to improve the productivity of their teams, the quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations. With Tulips no-code platform, manufacturers can empower those closest to operations to digitally transform their facilities and gain real-time visibility into the people, machines and processes involved in production--all in a matter of days.
Manufacturers of all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel, medical devices and more, have implemented Tulips intuitive platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in manufacturing: error-proofing processes with guided workflows, integrating industrial IoT (IIoT) technologies with legacy factory machines, and capturing and analyzing real-time production floor data.
A spinoff out of MIT, the company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in the UK, Germany and Hungary. It has been recognized as a MES Challenger on the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Frost and Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the year and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. You can learn more and get started for free at Tulip.co.
- Youre a systems thinker, understanding how to drastically simplify experiences for novice users while acknowledging deep technical logic, dependencies, and constraints.
- You design for scale, building experiences that enable users to grow their platform usage and experience greater value over time.
- You push what can be built, understanding emerging UI patterns and implementation technologies and deriving inspiration from use cases near and far.
- You value impact over output, measuring success not by how many concepts are in your design tools, but the quality of what ships to the customer.
- You embrace ambiguity, diving empathetically into abstract user needs and shaping them into clear, concise design requirements.
What skills do I need?
- A track record of shipping great design, and a solid understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle.
- 4+ years of relevant experience on large-scale, complex projects.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated collaboration with product management and engineering, consistently advocating for your users.
- Deep understanding of interaction design best practices, device and platform conventions, and accessibility standards.
- Experience owning the design process end-to-end, from early research to post-launch learnings.
- Ability to document and communicate pixel-perfect designs, with enthusiasm for clear file structures, naming conventions, and organized layers.
- Solid understanding of front-end frameworks such as React (bonus points if you can code) and their impact on feasibility.
- Proficiency in modern design and prototyping tools (we use Figma).
- A strong portfolio that showcases your work, demonstrating attention to detail and craftsmanship as well as ability to think critically about impact, scope, and tradeoffs in design decisions.
- Deliver design solutions that measurably improve the core workflows of our users by efficiently implementing user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Prototype and communicate concepts to create new features, improve existing experiences, and provide meaningful impact for Tulip users.
- Use data and research to inform design decisions, whether its finding opportunities in analytics, interviewing new users about their needs, or usability testing feature concepts.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and PMs to build, ship, and learn quickly.
- Deliver iterative, scalable solutions that account for technical constraints, localization, and accessibility.
- Establish design patterns as well as utilizing and evolving existing design systems.
- Be a champion of design quality and enable Tulipians across functions through feedback, education and mentorship.
- Help us shape a world-class design team, volunteering ideas, critiques, and opportunities to learn, improve, and grow.
Product Design, Product, Engineering, Marketing
Working At Tulip:
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.