Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Its not hard to see the problem: we bet you or those close to you have your own stories about struggling with medical bills, fighting with health insurance, or trying to find quality care at a reasonable cost. Millions of hours and billions of dollars are wasted each year. At Cedar, our technology empowers healthcare providers and insurance companies to work together to offer patients an exceptional and affordable financial experience.
Cedar is seeking a Senior Product Designer to maintain and evolve Cedars existing design system. You will design foundational patterns, components, tools, and processes that enable designers and engineers to build scalable solutions. You will partner closely with product teams to align on new design system needs, track status, and communicate updates. As part of the Design Ops team, you will also help build new methods and processes to elevate design at Cedar and streamline the design and development process.
The candidate will do more than just push pixels; this person will help move metrics that matter to our company. They will put users first by understanding their behavior, and apply this empathy to craft meaningful solutions. Additionally, this candidate will be a strong systems problem solver that will solve to scale a world-class experience, one patient at a time.
- Own the end to end process for designing and developing components for Canopy, Cedars design system
- Work across product teams to identify emerging patterns and turn them into reusable components
- Work closely with designers to solve challenges in response to product and business requirements
- Collaborate closely with engineering to ensure design quality
- Advocate for design pattern usage across teams with different goals and priorities
- Create documentation to ensure quality output and consistency across products
- Improve our internal tools and processes around governance and documentation
- Answer questions and provide support to users of the design system
- Promote accessibility and inclusive design solutions for the design system
- Support and evolve Cedars perspective on white labeling products for our clients
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of product design, visual design, or equivalent experience
- Outstanding attention to detail with proven track record to execute on visual and interaction details within a design system
- Strong consensus building, persuasion, and presentation skills
- Experience working on a cross-functional product development team
- Positive demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Thrives in ambiguity and fast-paced environments
- Technical knowledge (ie. HTML, CSS) that enables close partnership with engineering
- Strong experience in accessibility and WCAG requirements
- Proficient in Figma, including libraries and components
- Experience with HTML/CSS
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.