Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
This role is designed for an experienced Product Manager with a proven track record of building experiences in 5-star digital consumer products. They will need to possess the skills to think strategically, position the customer first, and deliver best-in-class product experiences.
The ideal candidate is data driven, scientifically curious, and has the ability to work collaboratively across functions. This person will be the voice for their product area, driving and managing key activities to ensure their products and Embarks success.
What youll do:
- Partner deeply with Product Design, Engineering & business teams to deliver best-in-class experiences that deliver measurable business results
- Shape and deliver test-and-learn roadmaps to inform the product roadmap
- Iterate on existing and execute product development processes that lead to high-velocity, high-impact solutions to problems
- Analyze both quantitative and qualitative data to provide prioritized solutions to complex problems
- Communicate impact across the organization of your product area
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Develop, maintain, and prioritize the product backlog & feature set within your product area that aligns with business goals and customer needs
- This role is based in Boston, MA and will be expected to be in the office 2-3 days a week in the future
What experience were looking for:
- 5-8 years of business experience in consumer products roles (either business or marketing functions, software development, or design)
- At least 2 years of product management experience
- This role will have exposure to senior leadership and requires excellent communication skills to evangelize product vision and to deliver insights and results to stakeholders.
- Team-orientation with a laser focus on delivering high impact and quality products
- Experience delivering improvements in an iterative design and development process, with a demonstrated strong knowledge of agile principles.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner with business and technical teams
- Flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs
- Possessing creativity, a passion to excel, and a strong desire to win, while learning along the way
- Basic SQL experience a must; proficiency a plus
- Strong analytical skills
What we can offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.